How do you choose a hosting provider when there are thousands of hosting companies available online? Most web hosting companies can meet the minimum requirements of running a word press website or even an e-commerce website, but you need to develop a list of the features you are looking for in a hosting company.
Below are a few of the things you need to consider when choosing your hosting company:
- How much bandwidth is the hosting company offering?
- How much disk space will your web site require? Is the hosting company offering enough space for your website to grow?
- What is the up time and server load?
- What type of hosting support does the hosting company provide?
- What type of hosting support do you require? Do you need telephone, email, chat, or forum? The support provided by the hosting company should meet your needs.
- What type of training is provided by your web hosting provider? Do they offer one-on-one walk guidance, written tutorials, or video tutorials?
- Do you need to be able to use CGI?
- Which server-side scripting technologies such as PHP, ASP.NET, and others do you require?
- Do you need a secure server (one that uses SSL).
- How many email and ftp accounts do you need?
The check list I provided above can be very useful but if you are still wondering how do I find a hosting company I will give you my suggestion. I suggest you go with a hosting company that offers Linux hosting with PHP 5.2.4 or greater, MySQL 5.0 or greater, and the mod_rewrite Apache module. Except for cPanel those are the minimum requirements to run word press. If you are not sure if a hosting company can meet those requirements send them an email and ask.
Remember to choose the hosting company because it meets your needs and not because it is the cheapest.
11 Productivity Shortcuts
Want a quick and easy way to increase your income and extract more money from your business…
Of course you do, what business owner doesn’t right?
Then you should download this “Digital Productivity Playbook” (It’s totally FREE)